- operating technical equipment such as X-ray machines
- keeping an accurate record of a patient’s dental structure (which may need to be used to identify an individual)
- keeping up-to-date with developments in dentistry
- working with a medical nurse and a medical receptionist
- continuing training and specializing
How to Qualify
Many universities offer Degree: BDS or BChD, Duration of the course: 5 years full-time study. Practical and clinical work is done in the dental hospital attached to the university.
Where to Study
2 University of Cape Town
and many more.
- Private practice
- Municipal clinics
- Research Institutions