Application fee: R100
One of the two youngest in South Africa seating at only 1 year of existence having being established in 2014, initially accommodating a modest intake 140 students. University of Mpumalanga is based in Mbombela. It was formed by an incorporation of 3 institutions namely the Lowveld College of Agriculture, the hospitality school at KaNyamazane and the Siyabuswa Education Campus. It currently offers the Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Agriculture degrees, as well as a Diploma in Hospitality Management. To visit their official website click here.
• Diploma in Hospitality Management
Tuition fees: R 31, 559.00
Uniforms and Knives R 10, 000.00 (once off)
• Diploma in Agriculture in Plant Production
Tuition fees: R 24 738
• Bachelor of Agriculture in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
Tuition fees: R 30, 800.00
• Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching
Tuition fees: R 22, 385.00
• Diploma in Information Communication Technology in Applications Development
Tuition fees: R16, 750.00
Accommodation and meals
SABC interviews the first students about their feelings and expectations of the new opening university of Mpumalanga, check out their responses.